The information below contains an outline of work that we have prepared for the children.
This includes work in a range of subjects including Literacy. Gaeilge, Maths, Art, PE, SESE (History, Geography, Science) and Music.
The pupils have been provided with two At Home Work packs, their homework books, handwriting books and free writing copies. Some classes may have additional workbooks.
In addition to this, each class level has a list of other work detailed below, and a list of links to support your child’s learning.
A number of links to educational sites and tasks have been provided for parents to use with their children. Pupils should be supervised by an adult when using any internet links or websites.
All work should be retained and returned to school upon reopening of the school.
Kind regards, The Staff of Scoil Chormaic CNS
- Pupils should continue with their homework in their Maths Time and Tables Champion Book
- Pupils have been provided with a pack of work labelled
- At Home Work Week 1
- At Home Work Week 2
- Pupils should do the following pieces of writing into their Free Writing Copy.
- A recount (their news)
- Imaginative recount – Research dolphins and write a recount imagining your life as a dolphin. Research giraffes and write a recount imagining your life as a giraffe. Research penguins and write a recount imagining your life as a penguin
- Narrative writing (story writing)
They should write one recount, narrative piece and poem each week
- Handwriting Book – pupils should do three pages per week
- http://www.scholastic.com/teachers/story-starters/ (Story writing)
- https://www.storyberries.com/ (Story reading)
- https://www.mathplayground.com/ (Maths games)
- https://www.khanacademy.org/math (Maths)
- Word problems – sent home with At Home Work packs and are to be completed on sheets
- https://www.youtube.com/user/tglurgan (Pop songs in Irish)
- https://www.cula4.com/en/games/ (Irish games)
- https://dinolingo.com/learn-irish-for-kids/ (Irish)
- Leabhar Litrithe: Theme Éadaí work to page 40
- Litriú: Seachtain 9 Litriú, Seachtain 10 Litriú, Seachtain 11 Litriú
- Please see the following links for active work for your child
- https://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/living/2017/0201/849300-operation-transformation-karl-henry-s-10- at-10-on-february-10th/
- http://www.coloradoedinitiative.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/CEI-Take-a-Break-Teacher- Toolbox.pdf
- http://thescholarship.ecu.edu/bitstream/handle/10342/5944/After-School- Energizers.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y
- A project based on each of the following themes:
- The Vikings
- The River Liffey
The project can be completed using any of the following formats
- A power point (10-12 slides)
- A poster
- A written project or a typed project (two pages)
The project should include the use of headings, sub headings and images (printed or drawn)
Useful websites for project work:
- Pupils should choose a country that is special to
them/that they have family from and complete a project on that country. The
project could include information on any of the following:
- General facts about: flag, language, currency, population, cities
- More specific information about: Food, Traditional clothes, history, landmarks, animals life
- 1. Design your dream garden in diagram format (draw/paint/colour)
- 2. Design your dream bedroom using perspective (draw/paint/colour)
- 3. Design your dream city using perspective (draw/paint/colour)