Training for the school Gaelic football team will start back this Monday 19th September in O Dwyers GAA pitch. Children are to be collected from there at 4pm sharp. Just a few things to note for new members and also to remind parents and children that were involved last year:
- Mouthguards are compulsory for GAA activity. Please ensure your child has one by the first training session. They can be purchased in any sports shop for around €3 or €4.
- Some Scoil Chormaic CNS GAA shorts are available to buy for your child for €10.
- If the weather is wet or very cold/windy, the trainings will take place in the school hall. Otherwise they will take place in O Dwyers GAA pitch.
- What your child should wear if trainings/games are on in O Dwyers pitch – Football boots or runners, sport shorts, football socks, mouthguard, gloves (optional). Children to be collected from O Dwyers at 4pm sharp.
- What your child should wear if trainings are on in the school hall – Runners, sport shorts, football socks, mouthguard. Children to be collected from the school hall at 4pm sharp.
- Parents may be asked to pay a €5 contribution on a couple of occasions during the year for when a bus is needed to bring children to away games.
We look forward to another successful year for Scoil Chormaic CNS on the GAA fields! Thanks again for your continued support. Finally if any new members from 4th or 5th class would like to join just come to see Mr Mc Elligott and he will get you signed up.
Mr Mc Elligott